The Renaissance theater - the only fully preserved Art Deco theater in Europe
The Renaissance Theatre opened its doors in 1922 under the direction of Theodor Tagger. During the Second World War, the theater was taken over by the Nazis and they renamed it in 1943 to "Small house of the Schiller theater of the capital". The name change and the events did not stop the reopening in July 1945 at the orders of the Western Allies.
That Renaissance theater shows pieces of contemporary drama and has previously worked with numerous actors together. Among others Peter Ensikat, Rufus Beck & Annett Louisan were already on the board of the Theater am Kurfürstendamm.