Jessica Postier - Meeting and Event Manager at the relexa hotel Berlin
Welcome to your Meeting and Event hotel at the Potsdamer Platz.
With 20 years of experience in the hotel industry and five years at the relexa hotel Berlin, I am gladly at your service. I am looking forward to your call or a personal meeting in our hotel.
Name: Jessica Postier
Age: at its best
Position: Meeting and Event Manager
Even before my studies as a graduate in business administration my goal was to take on a position in the hotel industry. Thus, I started my career in 2000 in the central reservation office of a holiday hotel group. In 2001, I was given the opportunity to attend a pre-opening of a 5-star hotel onat the Baltic coast as a trainee. After that I worked at the reception, in the conference and banqueting department as well as in revenue management.
Since April 2012 I am the Meeting and Event Manager at the relexa hotel Berlin.
My three favorite places in Berlin
• for all dance enthusiasts I can recommend the “Clärchens Ballhaus”, where you can dance on the weekend until the early morning after music from the last forty years
• on a boat across the river Spree, from there you can see Berlin from a completely different side
• above the rooftops of Berlin, in the cocktail bar “Deck 5”
Motto: "Enjoy life every day anew."
What do you like at the relexa hotel Berlin?
The super location for various excursions to the city center with its sights. Our meeting rooms with the capacity to carry out the most diverse event. I am particularly fascinated with the beautiful courtyard painting by Gert Neuhaus, the largest in Berlin. And not to forget the special view from my office towards the Berlin Reichstag dome.
Why have you chosen the relexa hotel Berlin to be meeting and event manager?
After many years working in a holiday hotel, I wanted to work in a city hotel. The relexa hotel Berlin is the right hotel with all its facets as well as its central location close to Potsdamer Platz. It has 208 rooms and eleven different event rooms.
What appeals to you in the daily meeting and event business?
My day as a meeting and event manager is very diverse and exciting. No day is like the other and every event is individually tailored to the needs of our guests. Whether family celebrations, weddings, workshops or congresses, every event is different from the planning stage to the realization.
Celebrations of any kind are very popular at relexa hotel Berlin. Which one do you favour most to organize?
During the week mainly meetings & congresses. Our relexa cooking studio, on the other hand, is very popular for corporate celebrations. On weekends we cater for weddings and family celebrations.
Please tell us three reasons why guests should book a Christmas celebration in "your" relexa hotel.
This can be summarized quickly:
• experience the different Christmas parties: to participate, to have fun and to get to know each other. At the cooking course in our relexa cooking studio the participants create their own menu under expert guidance. Combined with lots of knowledge, fun and a relaxed atmosphere, you prepare your employees a Christmas celebration, which no participant so quickly forgets.
• the location: we recommend you to visit the most beautiful Christmas markets in Berlin to get into the Christmas spirit. The "Lichtermarkt" at Potsdamer Platz or the "Christmas market at the Gendarmenmarkt". Afterwards we will welcome you with a mulled wine, and then the cooking fun can start.
• what distinguishes us: the years of experience with individual needs of companies and family Christmas parties.
If you could decide again, which profession would you learn?
Again, I would like the hotel industry.
Who would you like to welcome as a guest?